Join the Bradford Family History Society
If you are not yet a BFHS member, you can join online:
- Click on the button below to pay online.
- This will take you to Genfair which accepts all major credit and debit cards.
- Please also use this to renew your subscription.
See details further below on this page for the full benefits of being a member, plus details of annual fees.
If you are already a member but do not have your login details, you can retrieve your login.
By becoming a member of Bradford Family History Society you are agreeing under the terms and conditions of the Data Protection Act (1998) for your personal information to be stored in a retrieval system and shown in the quarterly journal issued only to members of Bradford Family History Society. If you decide not to renew your membership, or your membership lapses, all your personal information will be deleted from all retrieval systems (electronic or paper hard copy) after (90) days of your membership expiring. If you decide that Bradford Family History Society cannot hold your personal information, you will be unable to access the members only area of the website and will not receive the quarterly magazine. The Society takes holding personal data very seriously and will never pass on your details to a third party.
Join the Bradford Family History Society
Please click on each of the below tabs:
The advantages of membership are:
- You can attend meetings and benefit from the talks (see ) and discuss your research problems with other members .
- You will receive a quarterly magazine, the . In addition, the latest Bodkins are available online and can be viewed or downloaded via the site.
- You can submit your research interests and have them published in our . There is also a trial facility where members can update their interests online and these will be published in the directory as well as being visible on the site.
- The Directory of Members’ Interests can be searched to identify other members with similar interests and a contact facility is available to make contact and discuss particular interests with those members (coming soon).
- Useful articles from previous magazines are available to assist your research. You can view one of these articles by clicking
- If you do not live in the Bradford area you can make use of our Link Scheme, whereby a local member will undertake to do limited research on your behalf on an expenses-only basis. Details of the Link Scheme will be sent to you with your New Member’s Pack.
Although the Membership Year runs from January 1 to December 31 members will receive all four issues of the quarterly magazine, the Bod-Kin, whatever time in the year they join. Renewal is due on January 1st each year.
The annual membership fees are:
- Ordinary Membership (Great Britain & Northern Ireland) – £10
- Family Membership (at one Gt. Britain or N. Ireland address) – £15
- Overseas Membership (airmail) – 15
All payments, whether by cash, cheque, Postal Order or Money Order MUST be made in Pounds STERLING.
New members should print and complete the Membership Application Form. Alternatively if new members wish to pay by Bankers Order then they should contact the Membership Secretary in writing or via the Contact facility on the website. The address can be found on the Membership Benefits page of the website.
For existing members who wish to set up a Bankers Order to pay for membership rather than submitting a cheque then they should complete the Standing Order Form. This requires the member to sign in to access the form.
Click the links above to print the appropriate form(s).
Members renewing can complete the Membership Renewal form distributed in the December issue of the Bodkin or the Standing order form above, or speak to any of the committee members at our meetings.
Alternatively, both new members and renewals can be paid on-line by credit card at the GENfair website.
If, after reading this web site, you still have queries about membership, please contact the Membership Secretary via the Contact Us page or write to the address below, but please include a stamped self-addressed envelope or, if writing from overseas, an International Reply Coupon (IRC).
20 Canberra Drive, Crossroads
Keighley, West Yorkshire